Broken Links Finder
Enter a URL
Broken Links Finder is one of the useful tools offered by Site Score Checker that allows you to find if there are any broken links on your website as broken links are one of the factors that affect your SEO ranking. These are the links specified with 404 status and it occurs if the URL of the links in your website has been modified or removed. These links can disappoint your user as they came by searching for the content in your website. It also causes low authority which will be difficult for search engines to rank higher.
What are the reasons for the broken links?
There can be several reasons why broken links occur on a website. Following are a few of them:-
- Misspelling during link building
- If the external websites have gone offline
- A page no longer exists because the administrator has removed it or changed the location.
- Technical mistakes are done by the administrator using the webmaster tool.
- The webpage has been outdated.
- It is relocated to a new domain address.
Why do we need a Broken Link Finder tool?
We need the Broken Link Finder for many purposes including:-
- If you have updated your website recently, then there is a good chance that the URLs have been modified or most probably removed. So, you need to check it using our free tool if there are any broken links on your webpage.
- As many websites are not updated for a longer duration, it is hard for any owner to manually find out the broken links. So, these tools get easier to use for not technical users too.
- Since the broken links are taken as a negative SEO factor, it is very important to regularly check for the broken links on the website.
- The external links that you keep on your website to let visitors explore more out of your domain, it is more important to keep them working. So, this tool can be a greater help.
How does the Broken Link Finder tool work?
- Go to the Broken Links Finder tool on our website.
- Open the targeted website and copy the domain name and paste in the search box
- The website will then start processing, it might take a few seconds to start showing the result.
- It will show the Internal links i.e. the links that are inside the current website and external links i.e. the links going outside the website.
How to solve the broken links problem?
If you encounter any broken links via our tool, you can use the following steps to mitigate the effect.
- Use the 301 redirect method to redirect the not found pages to new pages if it is possible. You can use Wordpress plugin or use a .htaccess file.
- You can also identify the broken links via webmaster tools and resolve it from there.
- If the external links are not working, either remove them or point to other websites with similar content.